THE MYSTERIOUS MIND AND ITS CONTROL :







 HOW TO TRANSCEND THE MIND :


You must be able to thus perceive all the modes of your entire personality. You are the silent, unattached Witness-Consciousness within. You are not the senses; you are not the mind; you are not the thought, emotion or sentiment. You are beyond even the intellect, which is deluded and overcome by this illusion of false identification. Thus, what you have to work up to, ultimately, is that you are not even this "I" thought which is dearest to you, and to which you are clinging. Even this "I" thought is merely a mode of the mind, like any other thought. The true "I" (the real YOU within) is a supramental factor. You are a pure Being distinct from this "I" idea which the mind habitually thinks. Transcend the mind. You are pure Consciousness and your true identity is "Conscious Being". You are the true "Thinker" of the "I" thought and you make use of the mind to express yourself. This Consciousness is the basis of your Being whence the "I" thought is derived. In your present state of delusion, this is not perceived. Your perception is clouded. The moment the "I" thought is conceived by the mind, the mind is already afflicted by the most pernicious of diseases. This disease, according to the Vedas, is the superimposition of yourself upon the physical body. You imply that you are this - the eyes, ears, nose, tongue, hands, feet, head, etc. Is it not enough that you are caught within the limitation and bondage of this individual body that holds you? Why make it infinitely worse by identifying yourself with every single feature of it? The body is actually a prison-house, and when I say that it is made infinitely worse, I mean that it is the mind that does this work, and not YOU, for your affliction is the mind, with its "I am the body" notion. This mind will not give you rest. It is only when you can shatter this wrong idea that you will know that you are not this body, that you are not this mind.


To make the outgoing stream of thought in-going is the great science of the mind that has to be learned. Begin by non-cooperating with the mind. Whenever the mind builds up a want and wants to do a thing, assert your independence and say, "No, I will not do it", and whenever the mind refuses to do something, say, "You shall do it". Always tell yourself: "I am the master of this house (body-mind). I will not be dominated and commanded by the desire-ridden mind. I shall do the dictating. I will assert my mastery and make the mind listen to me and obey me".

SRI SWAMI CHIDANANDA



To be continued ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Spiritual Gods ( Human ) : Part -4.

1.#Opinion : Thursday, 14 Dec 2023. 05:30. 3363// 1#On Reason and Higher Life - 1.Swami Krishnananda.///

THE SACRED - THE SECULAR : - 2.