MIND : ITS MYSTERIES AND CONTROL : 7. 4.






Chapter-7. THE PSYCHIC STATES :

4. HOW TO CONTROL EMOTIONS AND IMPULSES


When emotions and impulses trouble you much, be indifferent (Udasina).

Say to yourself:

“Who am I?

I am not the mind.

I am Atman (all-pervading Spirit, Suddha Sat-Chit-Ananda) .

How can emotions affect me?

I am Nirlipta (unattached).

I am a Sakshi (witness) of these emotions.

Nothing can disturb me.”

When you repeat these suggestions of Vichara, the emotions will die by themselves.

This Jnana method of controlling emotions is easier than the Yogic method of driving the emotions and struggling with the mind (Yogas-chittavritti-nirodhah).

Next  : 5. SENTIMENTS

Swami Sivananda

To be continued  ...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Spiritual Gods ( Human ) : Part -4.

1.#Opinion : Thursday, 14 Dec 2023. 05:30. 3363// 1#On Reason and Higher Life - 1.Swami Krishnananda.///

THE SACRED - THE SECULAR : - 2.